Eclectic I

Monday, September 03, 2007

Forum wk6

There was initial issues with the forum exercises this week. It was something to do with the serial port not corresponding with the windows version of the max patches. Christian tried to explain it to me but as I am quite sick I didn't really click onto what he was saying. However when we used the Mac's at uni everything ran fine on the OSX systems.

exercise 1.1

The light goes on when we push the button!





exercise 1.2

we can turn the square wave generator on/off via a max patch. I'm always going to associate the sound of the increasing frequency with an old school motorbike video game.



exercise 2.1

This was pretty cool in the sense I could create my own midi sequencer if I had enough components. But yeah basically I'm using a switch to turn a note on and off.



exercise 2.2

This was kind of cool, triggering the note with a square wave oscillator, but I preferred the control of just using a specific trigger such as a switch.



exercise 3.1

This exercise was slightly confusing as the pot which was sending control data didn't just control the value for a specific note, but actually altered all of them. I only had one pot so I was unable to test whether they would interfere with each other if there was a pot per not or not.



exercise 3.2

This was basically the same as exercise 3.1 but with a LDR in series with the pot. I realise now that I could have used the LDR to control a separate note value to the pot to test whether the two would interfere with each other or not, but I'm sick so thats my excuse and I'm sticking with it.



Reference:

Haines Christian. “Forum – Week 6 – Physical Computing.” Workshop presented at the Audio Lab, Level 4, Schultz Building, University of Adelaide, 30th of August 2007.

Sebastian Tomczak. “Forum – Week 6 – Physical Computing.” Workshop presented at the Audio Lab, Level 4, Schultz Building, University of Adelaide, 30th of August 2007.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home