Eclectic I

Friday, October 26, 2007

Forum wk12

And then the magic happens! This week took a whole new turn and I was really quite happy with the outcome. I think that the success (in my opinion) can be summed up quite simply. There were the use of real instruments and greater attention was placed on harmony and melody. Sonic texture and timbre still played an important role but there was freedom it it to achieve pleasing sound. Ben was awesome on his instrument and for a great part of it played a lead role, holding the group together. Matt's use of the grand piano also worked well in the same way, giving something for people to follow and add too.

I was only upset at the fact that my instrument didn't have as much volume as I would have liked and I was quite bored with what it is able to achieve, I want more options. I'm thinking for the concert I might bring my Marshall amp to add volume and more area's for control as it has reverb and built in distortion.

Heres some videos I have acquired from John Delaney's blog (as with the pics for the last few forum posts of mine.)





Video Reference:

Delaney, John. "Music Tech Forum wk 12 Improvisation 2." John Delaney's blog. http://johndelany.blogspot.com/2007/10/music-tech-forum-week-12-improvisation.html (October 25 2007).

Reference:

Whittington, Stephen. “Forum – Week 11 – Improvisation 2.” Workshop presented at EMU space, Level 5, Schultz Building, University of Adelaide, 25th of October, 2007.

Harris, David. “Forum – Week 11 – Improvisation 2.” Workshop presented at EMU space, Level 5, Schultz Building, University of Adelaide, 25th of October, 2007.

1 Comments:

Blogger John said...

Your thoughts are on similar lines to my own regarding the acoustic/traditional instrumentation which none other than the lecturers introduced (flute, piano). I thought it was supposed to be a pure electronics-fest, but perhaps I could rightly say that, at heart, we knew this was not as successful an aural outcome... unless the harshness and repetition is pleasing to us. I'm glad you liked the session - I liked Dragos's plastic container the most.

12:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home