Eclectic I

Friday, October 19, 2007

AA wk11

This week was slightly time consuming due to it being hard to force creativity. Although I knew I wanted to create music that reflected the futuristic setting of the game and that would give the war like element, I was unsure of how to go about doing this. I also wanted to ensure that the music was a background element to the game as the sounds occurring in the game are very dominant.

I am happy with what I achieved. I created a slight variation on my wind patch from plogue and got an eerie ambiance which sounds mechanical and (in my mind) fits the futuristic criteria. Then I used a sample to create a war like drum beat which progressively increases in tempo and then decreases again. This keeps a constant tension to backdrop the game. I kept the levels of everything very low and used a reverb in Cubase to give a distant feel to it. as though its a far off army drumming their war march.



Any ways here it is.

Music.ogg

Reference:

Haines, Christian. “Audio Arts – Week 11 - Game Audio Design (3) – Soundtracks.” Lecture presented at Tutorial Room 408, Level 4, Schultz Building, University of Adelaide, 16th of October, 2007.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home