Eclectic I

Friday, October 12, 2007

AA wk10

The Ambience I have created is a bit stark, but the sounds in the game are more focused upon the factories and vechiles with the environment being very plain.

That said I used Plogue Bidule to create the sound of a strong wind blowing through the cavernous land scape for one of my Ambiences. I modulated white noise with a sine tone and sent it through a filter to achieve this result.

The second Ambience I edit some recordings I had done to get the sounds of birds chirping. I kept the chirps stark and random and then added a slight reverb to the track for extra colour. I didn't want to add too much reverb as it is an outdoor setting.

So in essence I have to different weather situations created with the ambience. A windy day, and a still day.



Wind.ogg

Birds.ogg

Reference:

Haines, Christian. “Audio Arts – Week 10 – .“ Lecture presented at Tutorial room 408, Level 4, Schultz Building, University of Adelaide, 9th October, 2007.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home