Eclectic I

Friday, October 12, 2007

Forum wk10

So the day finally came, and everyones instruments were presented. I was quite worried after seeing David's instrument over the break that I would be outdone by everyone. However I think there was quite an equal level of achievement accros the board, even if the majority of people decided to oscillate a square wave.

I was really impressed with Ben's instrument. It was disappointing that he was limited in his bending due to so many digital components, but I like the fact that it still maintains a large proportion of standard musical functionality having a keyboard controller etc. The effects he did manage to achieve were really cool. The distorted bass tones would work really well in an Aphex Twin (my hero for those who haven't guessed yet) style track.

I was also disapointed that Freddy's instrument was on the fritz as it looked really cool, and what he described of it sounded very promising. I hope that he can get it up and running for future forums.

And heres the video of my instrument again just as something to look at :)



Reference:

Whittington, Stephen. “Forum – Week 10 – Instrument Presentation.” Workshop presented at EMU Space, Level 5, Schultz Building, University of Adelaide, 11th of October, 2007.

Harris, David. “Forum – Week 10 – Instrument Presentation.” Workshop presented at EMU Space, Level 5, Schultz Building, University of Adelaide, 11th of October, 2007.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home