Eclectic I

Friday, September 05, 2008

MTF3B Wk6


The question I was left wondering after today's Forum experiment was whether our understanding of the emotions evoked by sound was due to cliche stereotypes, or whether the songs and sounds which we all immediately associated with the typical emotions are simply the most effect representations of those emotions and they have only become cliche through over use.

Freddie's baby sounds and Sanad's Persian were the most interesting approaches to the exercises and also the areas I did worst in. This exercise also made me think of how Christian told me that U2 has been seen as using a certain frequency which is meant to induce euphoric states consistently in the vast majority of there songs.

Reference:

Whittington, Stephen. “Forum – Week 6 – Semester 2, 2008: Emo Presentations.” Workshop presented at EMU space, level 5, Schultz building, University of Adelaide, 4th of September, 2008.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home