Eclectic I

Monday, May 19, 2008

MTF3A wk 9




As always it was great to hear about what Seb Tomzcak has been up to. Some of the things he presented I was already aware of, but there have been some new things which I found highly fascinating.

The bitwise Rhythm Genrator's use with live in the 'Automaton' pieces was awesome. The way he can do so much with such minute limitations is highly inspirational. I think its really cool for the first and second years to see what is possible through the use of Max/msp.

I hope to one day partake in a milkcrate session. I always seem to have something on when one is happening.

The other concepts and works presented by Seb were also fascinating, as was Darren Curtis's work with beat frequencies and resonance. Although some of what he is saying may say a little 'out there' I think that it was all well founded and just based on observation and exploring ideas.

Reference:

Tomczak, Sebastian. “Masters Student Presentation.” Workshop presented at EMU space, level 5, Schultz building, University of Adelaide, 15th of May 2008.

Curtis, Darren. “Masters Student Presentation.” Workshop presented at EMU space, level 5, Schultz building, University of Adelaide, 15th of May 2008.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home