Eclectic I

Saturday, April 12, 2008

AA3A wk 6


I was happy we covered side chaining this week as I couldn't remember how to go about it. I took two approaches to this exercise. One I was creative with what I could achieve using gates and side chains the other I practiced the standard use of a gate with a side chain.

Example 1.

I used a duplicate of the kick drum bussed to the key input of a gate on a ambient synthesiser track. I pitch shifted the Left and Right channels to higher and lower frequencies. I really liked the effect this created. I also used compression on the drum to get a tighter sound.


Example 1

Example 2.

I synced the bass with the kick drum sample using the gate with they key input bused from a duplicate of the kick drum track. I also used compression on the drum to get a tighter sound.


Example 2

Example 3.

I tried experiment further with the use of gating and eq and compression. Sadly I just ended up repeating my original experimentation but to a poorer extent.


Example 3

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home