Eclectic I

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

THE DREAM!!!



I had a dream last night that was so deep, so profound that I felt the need to share it with you all. Indeed I dare say that JOHN CAGE himself came to me from the either to bring me a powerful and moving message.

In my dream were two fellow classmates. To protect their identities I shall simply call them Benjamin Probert and Jacob Morris.

The dream begins....

Jake was explaining to Ben and myself that he liked listening to CD's of silence. So Ben picked up a blank CD and inserted into the CD burner as though he was intending to burn Jake some music. BUT instead he took the CD strait out again and placed it within a CD player, turned the volume to maximum and pressed play. Upon listening to the resounding silence, Jake sat in complete awe and exclaimed in a breathless voice "incredible!'

End dream.

I hope my account of this dream has had as a deep and moving effect on you as the reader, as it was for me to experience it. Word up Johnny C!

9 Comments:

Blogger John said...

That's quite a revelation you've just had their Luke.... I would like Cage to pay me a visit and explain to me the finer points of silence :-)

9:04 PM  
Blogger Johnny C said...

So he speaks to you as well? I thought I was the only one! Well I am glad the master works in mysterious ways... I only hope you get out of this "collaboration" as much as I did.

Also tell him pomeygranite doesn't mix with mushrooms.

9:04 PM  
Blogger Ben said...

I dreamt about me too, but it didn't involve any other guys.

9:05 PM  
Blogger Luke.Digance - Eclectic I said...

He speaks to all of his true believers. Surely you and I are the chosen ones!

9:07 PM  
Blogger Luke.Digance - Eclectic I said...

John, I am sure if you maintain faith, you too will have your revelation.

9:09 PM  
Blogger John said...

Thanks Luke, I shall bow in reverence to the Cage. I need his help in composing a piece that centers around silent counterpoint... but until I receive the revelation, I am but mute. I need the power of Cage to turn me from a dead cabbage leaf into a blossoming creature of new music.

9:15 PM  
Blogger Luke.Digance - Eclectic I said...

I feel your pain John. May Cage be with you.

9:27 PM  
Blogger weimer said...

haha funny stuff!

i dont remember my dreams...

7:01 AM  
Blogger Luke.Digance - Eclectic I said...

Jake - yeah i usually only remember ones that I have just before I wake up. And being that i was laughing so hard when I had this one I actually woke up.

6:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home