Eclectic I

Saturday, May 26, 2007

AAwk11

I chose my 'Electro grunge' mix for the mastering exercise this week. I really enjoyed using the mc5 compressor to boost the sound. I particularly focused on the mid range as it was suggested in my comments that my mixes seem to be lacking in this area. I also managed to get a much more defined Kick, snare, bass and hi-hat sound. I used an EQ to target a specific frequency in the bass which was detracting from the overall sound.

Here's the mastered Mp3

Mastered Mix

Here is the un mastered version for comparison

Un mastered mix

2 Comments:

Blogger Ben said...

Your drums sound awesome, almost like a live kit. Listening to it on headphones, my only complaint is that the drawn out reverse crash at the start sounds really lo-fi; It would sound better if you did such editing in an external program like Audacity and import it in, rather than use the time compression-expansion in ProTools.

Do you have Audacity? It's totally worth it. (Coz it's free and better than Peak by miles.)

4:42 AM  
Blogger Luke.Digance - Eclectic I said...

Thanks for the complement. Hmm yeah I got Audacity.. I should use it more.. I guess I'm just used to using Pro Tools time stretch and never considered using other programs

4:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home