Eclectic I

Sunday, August 20, 2006

CC - Week 3 - Performance Sequencing

Using the program 'Live' sequencing on the fly was an interesting learning curve. I am much more familiar and comfortable using arrangement windows to create a piece of music progressively till I have a final result which I am happy with or as is mostly the case, it is due to submit. I recorded what I was doing on the fly. as I spent about 20minutes making music on the fly, I have only submitted the last 8 minutes worth of audio.

Being that I hate using pre-made sample loops, as I feel they are too easy and 'pre packaged,' I have only used samples I have collected and manipulated.

I am describing it as an avante gaurde piece. Why? because Avante Guard generally means it is either new and revolutionary and thus brilliant, or the composer is trying to cover up the fact that its a load of S**T . I'll let you decide which one this is. :P

Music made on the fly with Live

1 Comments:

Blogger Ben said...

Nice abstract madness! Can you stop imbedding the sound files in your blog? Anytime I visit, my download gets raped by about 10Mb with all the auto-downloading music. Just provide the links to the songs and I'll be able to comment more.

9:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home