Eclectic I

Sunday, October 08, 2006

Week 9 - AA - Tone Wheel Patch

This week’s exercise began with me employing the simple concept of multiplying the fundamental frequency to create the harmonic and sub harmonic series. Then Ben reminded me that I needed to add the resulting frequencies together so that they were the one sound. From there it turned into a group effort between Ben and I to create the most dynamic and interesting sound while keeping the Bidules simple and neat, employing the idea of Bidules within Bidules to help in the organisation department. I am very proud of what has been accomplished and I think I will use this Bidule within my main Creative Computing assignment, as Ben and I have made it possible to alter many parameters to get a diverse sound. The sound we recorded was based on the readings we were set this week. Shortening the length and Decay of the sound progressively to achieve the stereotypical Hammond Draw Bar Organ Sound.

This is a picture of the Bidule from the outside

This is inside the Bidule.

Inside One of the Harmonic Bidules. It's similar to a Basic FM Synth but with a constant multiplying the fundamental to create the desired harmonic.

And all of the controll parameter windows opened set to achieve the Hammond Draw Bar Organ Sound.

And it sounds...

Draw My Bar

p.s. - I just listened to it and it has a heap of pops for some reason, but when we were playing it and the original recording sounded fine. I did 192 MP3 encoding in iTunes so I don't know whats going on. But I'm tired So I'm going to go home and go to bed.


Post a Comment

<< Home